- Clean faucet aerators and shower heads with vinegar to get rid of mineral deposits.
- Clean the drain pan on your frost-free refrigerator.
- Inspect your dishwasher for leaks.
- Clean your kitchen exhaust fan filter and fan blades.
- During the fall and winter months, check your heating system air filter and replace it if needed.
- Maintain drains by pouring boiling water down them.
- Pour water down any unused drains.
- Vacuum heat registers, vents and refrigerator coils.
- Clean dirt and dust from around the air conditioner compressor.
- Change your air conditioner filter
- Check your clothes dryer vent and hose for lint buildup. Clean if necessary to prevent a fire.
- Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detector
- Inspect windows, clean them if needed and seal holes.
- Contact a licensed coolant contractor to inspect and service your air conditioner.
- Contact a licensed heating contractor to inspect and service your gas heater or furnace to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.
- If you use a hot-water system for heating, drain the expansion tank, check the water pressure, and bleed your radiators.
- Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detector.
- Touch up exterior paint.
- Drain water heater and check pressure valve.
- Re-caulk showers, tubs and sinks to prevent water damage to walls.
- Maintain a contract with a pest control company to prevent or eliminate insect infestations such as termites or carpenter ants.
- Inspect hot water heat system radiators and convectors.
- Contact a roofing professional to check for leaks, loose shingles, or broken tiles.
- Give your carpeting a professional cleaning.
- Inspect fire extinguishers once a year to ensure they’re in proper working order.